Athletics Case Study: Georgetown University
CTP was awarded the Georgetown University athletics contract in 2018, and the faculty/staff contract in spring 2020, following an 11-week implementation.
See how we got their athletics program in shape, achieving $1.6M in refunds along the way.
The current COO of Georgetown University was the previous CFO of Ohio State University (CTP had previously onboarded the Ohio State University faculty and staff travel program to a mandated travel program).
As a result, Georgetown had a knowledgeable travel manager with higher education and government experience but needed a thorough travel program review to identify stakeholders, training opportunities, and messaging, as well as a review of their travel suppliers and negotiating savings.
CTP conducted a comprehensive review of Georgetown’s travel program, including:
- Travel policy review – enacted limited tolerance outside policy
- Identification of key travel stakeholders – introduced tailored training and messaging
- Travel supplier review and negotiations – secured service recovery points
- Unused ticket review
The results included a stronger athletic travel program for Georgetown, including:
- Reviewed unused tickets and secured $1.6m in American Airlines, United Airlines, and Southwest UATP cards/credits
- Established limited tolerance for booking outside of policy
- Obtained 60 United Airlines upgrades and 40 American Airlines status upgrades via supplier negotiations